Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Under Construction (Railgun 2?)

I have started construction of a new record breaking k'nex project. I will provide more information and photos once construction has progressed a bit further, but the design is a step up from that of Railgun. This will be another launched roller coaster, though for financial purposes I will most likely go for a traditional rubber band launch mechanism (rocket motors are very expensive.) The record I am attempting to break has, to my knowledge, never before been set (or even attempted.) The superstructure required to hold up this coaster is quite large, and will take quite some time to construct. I plan to finish the main element this weekend for some test runs, and the complete track within 2 to 3 weeks. Photos coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment