Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Railgun: World's Fastest K'nex Roller Coaster

The first high-speed test of the Railgun reached nearly 120 MPH


I decided to go for the world record I missed back in 2006 with my roller coaster "Aussam". Though the tallest in the world at the time, Aussam could only reach speeds of about 50 MPH. With other coasters launching their trains at over 70 MPH I thought I would try to knock this record out of the park. The solution: Rocket engines. By using a C11 model rocket engine I managed accelerate a K'nex coaster car up to 122 MPH in only 40 feet. At 50 MPH faster than the previous record, this run will be hard to beat! A video of the coaster can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8-k9l6kU3E

2 comments:

  1. A few years later, in 1919, powered and free conveyors were used in automotive production. Thus, conveyor belts became popular tools for conveying heavy and large goods within factories. caminos de rodillos

    ReplyDelete